Sudden observation in my network is that client is taking time longer than usual to connect to wireless. It shows identifying for more than 3 mins before connecting. Why it is like that? what is happening during the state of 'Identifying'.? How to resolve that..?
As per the provided debug output I cannot see client took that long to get the connectivity. Altogether it took less than 1s (step 1 - 7). Value shown below is normal.
EAP Authentication- 558ms ( step 2 - 3)
4-Way Handshake - 31ms (Step 4-5)
1. *apfMsConnTask_1 : Sep 30 12:07:02.608: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a Sending Assoc Response to station on BSSID d0:72:dc:5c:0b:1f (status 0) ApVapId 1 Slot 1
2. *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Sep 30 12:07:02.612: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a Sending EAP-Request/Identity to mobile e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a (EAP Id 1)
3. *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Sep 30 12:07:03.266: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a Processing Access-Accept for mobile e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a
4. *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Sep 30 12:07:03.269: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a Sending EAPOL-Key Message to mobile e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a state INITPMK (message 1), replay counter 00.00.00.00.00.00.00.00 5. *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Sep 30 12:07:03.300: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a Received EAPOL-key in PTKINITNEGOTIATING state (message 4) from mobile e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a
6. *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Sep 30 12:07:03.300: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a 10.208.88.180 8021X_REQD (3) Change state to L2AUTHCOMPLETE (4) last state 8021X_REQD (3)
7. *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Sep 30 12:07:03.301: e8:2a:ea:0c:2e:7a 10.208.88.180 L2AUTHCOMPLETE (4) Change state to RUN (20) last state L2AUTHCOMPLETE (4)
you need to take a debug for a client that take longer time to see which part of connection takes time.
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...