Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indoor mesh backhaul

Hi,

I've a large indoor mesh deplyment ( wlc 5.2.193 ) with both ap1131 and 1242.

I'd to deploy all AP ( both MAP or RAP ) into a very long corridor and they are placed at about 150 feets each others. I'd to deploy so near bacause I'd to have the coverage inside a lot of rooms with heavy walls.

I tuned the deployment with:

1) backhaul to 54Mbit because the distance between APs

2) Coverage hole detection to -65dBm and DTPC threshold to -60; this because with the default value the signal was too low ( from 6 to 4 ) to have a good coverage into the rooms.

Any suggests ?

Many thanks in advance

Luigi

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Indoor mesh backhaul

Not sure what exactly your doubt is .

But keeping the Backhaul rate to Auto will be the best option as In indoor environments chances of Multipath are more. Fixing the data rate to highest may lead to packet drops if the signal is not good.

Also , Have you enabled the Backhaul client access or using b/d for clients only ?

hi, thanks for the reply. No, the clients has no access to the bh. I've seen only fixed datarate for bh. How this datarate impacts the path selection.? Still many thanks., luigi

Hi,

what i cannot understand is when i've to keep the backhaul datarate hight ( I'ven't the AUTO option ).

I suppose that, keeping AP close each others ( less than 50 mt ) i can force backhaul to 54mbit, but i'ven't found so many documentations.

If i set to 54mbit but in some place the dB are too low... it will decrease ? Or, if it wil not decrease ( that I suppose it happens with the 6.x version ) what's happen ?

Many thanks in advance

Luigi

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content