cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrated Service Engine AP's not connecting

DowningAustin
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working on a project in which I am running a layer three network out to the access layer. I have previously configured a Wireless Lan Controller built into a ISR using VLAN's and subinterfaces but in my new configuration without point-to-point VLAN's I am unable to ping my AP Manager Interface but am able to ping my Management interface. Due to this my AP's are unable to communicate with my Controller.

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to keep my full layer three network but will allow my AP's to communicate with my WLC in my ISR.

Feel free to ask any questions you would like that would help clarify the situation.

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what version of code are your running on the WLC?  The ability to ping the AP-manager interface, isn't always trustworthy.

If you can ping the management interface, the AP should be able to reach it as well, and if the AP-manager is in the same subnet, best practice, they should be able to join.

Can you run and capture

debug mac-address < ap mac >

debug capwap events enable

debug capwap errors enable

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card