Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Intercontroller Roaming between sites - Anchors

I am planning the design of a multi-site wireless network.

The ideal solution will allow user A who is based at Site A to use the wireless in Site A and then be able to go to Site B and retain their IP address.

I know this feature is possible with intercontroller roaming but with some caveats.

This would only work if User A does not have to re-authenticate.

If a few days passed and then user A turns up at Site B they would authenticate to Site B and get an IP from Site B

What I want to achieve is to be able to anchor a user to their home controller, so whenever they went to Site B,C,D they would always use the IP of Site A and tunnel their traffic back.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Roger

1 REPLY

The feature I nearly want is 

The feature I nearly want is  Dynamic Anchoring for Clients with Static IP Addresses

Reading around this if you assign a static IP to a wireless client for their home site if they try to connect to Site B where that subnet is not supported the controller can tunnel the traffic back to the controller that does support that subnet.

My issue with this is when the client takes his laptop home they will not be able to connect to their home wireless

I need a way to make this solution work but with a dynamic address for the client?

Views
Helpful
Replies