Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Interesting things to log and montor on WLC 2500?

Hi all,

We have a couple of Cisco 2500 series WLC's installed. We have Motorola 9190 handhelds in a warehouse environment.

I'm looking for ideas of good useful things to monitor via snmp, syslog on the WLC to give info as to what is happening in our wireless. We have a few problems with Motorola handhelds roaming etc.

Any ideas appreciecated.

Thanks, Simon.

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: Interesting things to log and montor on WLC 2500?

I would list down the problem reported & then take one at a time to troubleshoot. If you could re-produce an issue easily (like roaming with Motorola 9190) , then I would like to take "debug client " output for a closer look.

If you want to see the general syslog msg & SNMP trap generate by WLC, you can do that as well. But it is very difficult to narrow down a cause for an issue by looking at those, unless you are certain of the specific issue and what kind of log/debug output you want to look at to troubleshoot it. 

At least enable "Warnings" level in syslog in your WLC & see what messages coming from it.

HTH

Rasika

**** Please rate all useful responses ****

Cisco Employee
VIP Purple

Interesting things to log and montor on WLC 2500?

HI Simon,

Here is the procedure to configure a syslog server:

http://mrncciew.com/2013/02/06/syslog-msg-log-in-wlc/

Hope it helps.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content