Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Intermittant radio interface down on 1130 APs

I am having unified wireless installation, with WiSM on 6500 at central site and around 90 nos of 1130 APs located at remote locations ( over WAN) as well as some APs locate in the same location.

The APs are configured in WCS, using default AP template.

Alsomot all APs are showing minor alarms saying " radio interface threshold violated".

In addition, a major alarm posted frequently on WCS saying "radion interface down".

Cleints are complaining that they are loosing connectkion momentarily but connected again automatically wo WLAN. But they will have to log in to application programs in such cases.

a.Does anybody have similar experience, and

b. What are the best settings for 1130 APs trhat we have to do explicitly in setting up the WCS template ?

Thanks ,

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Intermittant radio interface down on 1130 APs

Might be due to interference and the fact that RRM is enalbled and the ap's are changing channels causing the radios to shut down temporarily. Either set the channel or try to change the threshold.

Here is the error info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.2/configuration/guide/wcsevent.html#wp1139158

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Re: Intermittant radio interface down on 1130 APs

Hi,

I have chenge the threshold, but it did not work.

What I understand is with RRM it should be able to chenge the channel automatically to another to avoid interference. I cannot understand why it should DOWN the radio interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content