Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Intermittent AP Service

HI All,

We are using a WLC5500 (7.0.220.0) and AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9.

We've been experiencing this intermittent AP Service. SSID's status LED's are green (no clients connected) and sometimes blue (clients connected).

Greed status LED's indicate that currently there are no clients connected to that AP, while blue indicates there are clients connected.

Whichever is the case, there are times that clients can't connect (though SSID's are visible).

Our only option whenever this occurs is to reset the AP via WLC.

Is anyone experincing this issue? Any advise?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Intermittent AP Service

Do you see any error logs from the wlc? Is there a specific device that has issues? Is it an issue with one ap or all of them? What security method are you using and is both the 2.4 and 5ghz enabled on that? On the 5ghz, make sure the unii-2 extended channels and channel 165 are disabled.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Intermittent AP Service

I have just restarted one of our AP again, the other day there were a lot of AP's not functioning. And so we decided to reboot the controller itself... Then it fixed itself after sometime. We always have to restart restart restart the AP and or the WLC.

We have replaced one of the AP with a new one together with its power injector, few days have passed without any issues but then again same issue arose.

Scott Fella wrote:

Do you see any error logs from the wlc?  Is there a specific device that has issues?  Is it an issue with one ap or all of them?  What security method are you using and is both the 2.4 and 5ghz enabled on that?  On the 5ghz, make sure the unii-2 extended channels and channel 165 are disabled.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

- unii-2 and channel 165 per checking is disabled.

- i am not seeing any error logs aside from the authentication failed

- we are using a radius server

- we are using WEP,WPA2 and one AP w/o password.

Where else should i check for data issue gathering?

Intermittent AP Service

If possible, you may want to upgarde the WLC code.  You may have hit a bug.

Regards,

Bob Bagheri

Intermittent AP Service

anyone experiencing this?

Intermittent AP Service

This issue was solved by making the AP Autonomous and disposing our 2 WLC5500.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content