Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Intermittent problem with access point (WAP321)

We hane an intermittent problem with our Wifi access point WAP321. Suddenly, all clients are unable to access Internet, server and local network. The signal is 100%. The message is no internet connection or limited connection (on all device, Iphone, computer, etc.). When I check to Ip configuration, the ip adress have change for loca 169.x.x.x. The only way to resolve is to reboot the access point. (POE).

It seem that access point don't relay information to rest of network. Strange.

The access point is connected to a simple unmanaged switch. This switch is connect to router and server. The serveur (Win2008) is the DHCP Server and DNS Server.

Can you help me to find a solution. ?

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This may be the problem

This may be the problem;

Devices: WAP discovers devices with ASSOC method that don't have an IP
CSCtz20891
Symptom:
The OnPlus topology will show nodes with no IP address. Devices associated to WAP121/321 VAP/SSID not on the management VLAN will display topology nodes with with no IP address.

Conditions:
This occurs when the client associated to the WAP121/321 but is on a VLAN other than the management VLAN. In this case the WAP client information can be collected on the management VLAN, but the clients cannot be ARP/ping to validate.

Workaround:
None

Hi,Actually, I have only one

Hi,

Actually, I have only one VLan and it's seem to be the management Vlan. See the 2 attachment.

Have a nice day

Hi,I try many things but

Hi,

I try many things but problem persist.

Actually, I have only one VLan and it's seem to be the management Vlan. See the 2 attachment.

Have a nice day

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content