Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS AP - macro for CLI commands

Hi all,

I need to remotely shut/no shut the radio interface of an IOS AP setup as a workgroup bridge. Obviously, when ssh'd in and running the following script, my ssh session drops after the shutdown command:

interface dot11radio1

shutdown

no shutdown

So, my question is, is there a way to create a macro and include all three of these commands? That way, I simply run the macro, my ssh session still drops, but the "no shut" command brings the radio back up, allowing me to re-ssh to the AP. It seems like this should be possible.

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

Re: IOS AP - macro for CLI commands

Also, I'm running 12.4(10b)JA3 and I am open to the JDA3 release or other GD releases if they allow for this capability.

Cisco EEM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6815/products_ios_protocol_group_home.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Are you sure this is for a Cisco IOS Wireless Access Point? I don't know anything about it, but it seems like something more than I was looking for.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Don't know if this will work on an AP ...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2013699

No. That doesn't work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.