Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address at remote location

shakeerali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Wireless controller 5508 at Main site and Cisco 3600 series access points at remote branch. There is only single WLAN broadcasting at both branch and main site.

When clients are connecting to remote site AP, there are getting ip address from main site DHCP server not from remote site DHCP server.

Please help.

Thanks

Shakeer                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the AP in the remote sites running in FlexConnect mode? 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010001101.html

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the AP in the remote sites running in FlexConnect mode? 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010001101.html

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi,

No, they are in Local mode. Do i need to change them to Flex mode and is there any other changes i need to make in controller ?

I am new to wireless :-)

Thanks.

Take a look at the link Steve posted. In order to have the clients to obtain an IP address from the local site, the AP mode of operation does need to be in FlexConnect mode. Read through the guide prior to setting the AP in FlexConnect and you should be fine. The doc explains the process and traffic flows.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

If you want the traffic at the remote site to stay local, and not ingress/egress the WLC, then yes you would need to configure them for FlexConnect.

That link I shared previously goes over the configurations.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi,

I have configured the AP mode as flex and everything working fine now. But I am facing issue with Apple Iphone clients.

Though Ipads can see SSID and connect to it but Iphone clients cannot see SSID itself. So what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Shakeer

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card