Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

iPad Camera and mirroring with ACL's applied not working

Seriously Apple TV is an absolutely worthless device with so many issues.  Any ways here is the latest issue now:

- I have two SSID's, one for Apple TV, one for Clients

- Disabled p2p blocking on the Apple TV SSID

- Disabled p2p Blocking on the Clients SSID

- Everything works

- Added the ACL to the Clients SSID with the following rules: (Note both SSID's are on the same network)

* Allow all traffic from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.88/29(this is IP range Apple TV's are on

* Deny all traffic from 192.168.0./24 to 192.168.1.0/24 (This is so that clients can't see each other and it works fine)

* Allow any to any (This is so that clients can go out to the internet)

- With ACL applied to the Clients SSID like that everything works but the following two things:

1) Enabling mirroring Camera works but there is no sound

2) Disabling mirroring Camera doesn't show up on the TV via ATV and AirPlay (However it does if I take off the ACL)

- So any one know what traffic am I missing here that I need to open?  Because technically from clients to Apple TV I am allowing all traffic in any direction.

4 REPLIES

Re: iPad Camera and mirroring with ACL's applied not working

Did you also block bonjour services ? 224.0.0.251

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

No just 3 ACL's and I even added another ACL on the top like this:

- Any to 224.0.0.251 All allowed

Still nothing.

In this document you can find an acl example : (how to block)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml

Good Luck!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Already done that our design is a little different, however all that is done already. 

SSID1-->Clients(p2p disabled)

SSID2-->ATV(p2p disabled)

- Everything works

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSID1-->Clients(p2p disabled) --> ACL Applied --> Causes two issues described below

Network: 192.168.1.0/24

SSID2-->ATV(p2p disabled)

- Added the ACL to the Clients SSID with the following rules: (Note both SSID's are on the same network)

* Allow all traffic from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.88/29(this is IP range Apple TV's are on

* Deny all traffic from 192.168.0./24 to 192.168.1.0/24 (This is so  that clients can't see each other and it works fine)

* Allow any to any (This is so that clients can go out to the internet)

- With ACL applied to the Clients SSID like that everything works but the following two things:

1) Enabling mirroring Camera works but there is no sound

2) Disabling mirroring Camera doesn't show up on the TV via ATV and AirPlay (However it does if I take off the ACL)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content