Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipad/Iphone SSID change issue

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have an issue with iphone where if there are two SSID's from same WLC/AP and if i am connected to one and i try connecting to other, iphone shows unable to connect (whereas the debugs in WLC showing it getting connected and getting an IP ! ) . wlc running latest 7.0.220. anybody come across this issue ? tried with just two open SSID's and changing between them  or even with one SSID with 802.1x and other open ssid. any help is much appreciated. !

regards

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is fast ssid chnage enabled on your wlc ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before switching to the other SSID, on the IPHONE or the IPAD.. there is option called "forget the network" tap on the same and then try to connect and lemme know if u still face the issue!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

+5 to Surendra on this ... For anyone that uses apple devices knowns the apple supplicant can have a mind of its own.

I would also offer another suggestion as well. Since you mentioned you are using a WLC I would enable FAST SSID change under the controller tab. I did a little blog post about this setting and it could help your efforts..

http://www.my80211.com/cisco-wlc-cli-commands/2010/5/9/wlc-configuring-fast-ssid-changing.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Friends,

No luck with forgetting the ssid on iphone, turning wifi on and off, turning ipad on and off !! nothing helps... i am trying with two open ssid's , nothing fancy, plain simple !! driving me crazy here ! no roaming, nothing ! just standing at the AP and doing this !  frustrating you know !

regards

Joe

Is fast ssid chnage enabled on your wlc ?

Gosh ! +500 for that Goerge ! . It started working right away after fast ssid change enabled ! . But i am wondering why its not a problem for the laptop to do the SSID swap fast enough while the ipad is crying unable to connect .

regards

Joe

Merry Christmas, a day late! Im glad it worked out. I bet its the supplicant. I refuse to ue my apple devices to trouble shoot wifi problems. They are just fruity like that ..

If you wouldnt mind support the rating system !

thanks

Nice one George!! i remember u told this to me when we met!! (+5)

Regards
Surendra BG

But one thing strange is, if i connect to an SSID from another network, it immediately connects without any issue and connects back to my network SSID. but the moment i try to change from my SSID1 to my own SSID2, it doesnt work !

open, open , open network ! no authentication , nothing !

regards

Joe

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21729

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card