Views
Helpful
Replies

iPads jumping from one SSID to another?

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

One of my customers is experiencing this problem, their iPads are jumping from one SSID to another causing intermittence in the service. There are 3 SSIDs, two with WEP and one more open.

This are AP and IOS versions

c1130-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you deploy wireless, on of the biggest problems is no control over wireless profiles. There is nothing you can do on the AP. If the user has added all three SSIDs, well that means the device has a choice of what SSID it wants to connect to. The only way to prevent the issue you are having is to only have the iPad users connect to one SSID. It might be training of users to let them k ow what they can and shouldn't do. Maybe not broadcasting the SSID is what you need to do so these devices don't automatically join networks.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you!

Good tip, let me try and I'll post the result.

Kind regards!

No problem... It's an issue many o my client face. Users just like to click on everything.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

how big is your deployment? You could do a aaa Mac address authentication. If its a small deployment, less macs to deal with the better.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin