Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have multiple SSID's on one VLAN??

I have been trying to configure my 1941w for weeks now. I think I'm close to the goal but this last part has given me issues for week. 

I have 3 SSID's and 3 VLAN's configured on the AP. everything is configured on the router and ap to work as expected. I want to put two off the SSID's on my LAN subnet but I can't figure out how.

Basically have ssid's home1, home2, homeguest. Home1 is on vlan10 (192.168.10.0), home2  is on vlan20 (192.168.20.0) and home3 is on vlan40 (192.168.40.0). My main router is on vlan1 (192.168.1.0). I want to put home1 and home2 on vlan1 (192.168.1.0). IP address for the two ssid's will be assigned by the LAN_POOL.

Is this possible?

2 REPLIES

The above is in fact possible

The above is in fact possible though it seem like a very uncommon config for most people. This is what I did to make it work.

On the Router itself:

bridge irb

bridge 1 protocol ieee

bridge 1 route ip

!

int g0/1

no ip address

bridge-group 1

!

int vlan 1

bridge-group 1

!

interface BVI 1

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

As you can see, NAT wasn't applied to the g0/1 interface, it was applied to the BVI1 interface I created.

----------------------------------------------------

On the AP:

dot11 ssid Home2G
   vlan 1
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa version 2
   mbssid guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 xxxxxxx
!
dot11 ssid Home2Guest
   vlan 40
   authentication open
   mbssid guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
dot11 ssid Home5G
   vlan 1
   authentication open
   guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And here, I had to apply both SSID's (Home2G and Home5G) to VLAN1, same VLAN as my LAN. The two SSID's get's IP's from the 192.168.1.0 address pool and the Guest SSID (Home2Guest) get's it's IP from the .40 pool I created on the Router.

Hope this helps someone in the near future.

This workaround seems to be

This workaround seems to be very unusual configuration. Still, it is possible through applying NAT on BV 11 interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content