Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Is it possible to LWAP config from a WLC

I have a WLC configured with about 40 access  points. Its a WLC-4400 running 6.0. I am trying to create a new WLAN  profile for a couple of Handheld RF scanners. Whatever new WLAN i create  doesnt show up on the available list of the hand helds or a usual  wireless laptop. There are 5 other WLAN profiles which all show up but  the handhelds dont support WPA and hence wont connect. Please help!!!!
11 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Is it possible to LWAP config from a WLC

Are you sure you have enabled the SSID and enable broadcast SSID?

Yes, the WLAN is enabled and Broadcast SSID is enabled too. Refer attached

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Can you ping the management IP address from other wired ethernet clients?

yes i can. Its a remote WLC, i login to it from a jump box (a windows terminal server)

Hall of Fame Super Gold

There are 5 other WLAN profiles which all show up but  the handhelds dont support WPA and hence wont connect.

Have you tried Open (No Authentication)?  What Authentication policies do the handhelds use?

They dont support WPA? What type of handhelds are these?

Also are limiting data rates? Are these 802.11b devices?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

actually it has very little to do with the handhelds themselves. they are motorolo 9090G-2, but any new networks, even laptops dont detect. All the old ones are showing up in the available networks. I have the WLAN enabled, SSID broadcasted, tried with no security... no luck.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

How many SSIDs are currently enabled?  The WLC can support up to 1,024 SSID but will support only 16 SSID active at any one time.

Silver

Are you dealing with AP-Groups by chance?

The only reason I can think of for a new wlan to not be on an AP is if you are using AP-Groups or if you give that WLAN an ID higher than 16.

Yes we are doing AP-groups. There are less than 7 SSIDs. This one has an ID of 7.

What if i am using AP groups, what should i do?

Silver

Did you go in to each AP Group and add this newly created SSID?

Any WLAN created (1-16) will be added only to the default-group. You have to go configure each AP Group after a new wlan is created and manually add that new WLAN and the interface mapping to that group.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content