cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is it possible to switch between SSID A, B based on WLC up?

dmarksbu
Level 1
Level 1

I have mobile communications vans I want to add wireless to. These vans will mostly be connected to local ISPs at emergency Command Posts, but sometimes will be connected to our corporate WAN. I want to set up 2 WLANs: one for corporate access (802.1x), call it WLAN A. I want a 2nd WLAN that provides local access for when the van is deployed to an emergency, say, using WPA-PSK and local switching (call it WLAN B). I understand that H-REAP will prevent corporate access to WLAN A when disconnected, but how can I prevent access to WLAN B when the AP is connected to the corporate WAN, i.e. when it can see the WLC? Is there an LWAPP solution that can do this?

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The best thing about HREAP is that H-REAP access points can switch client data traffic locally and perform client authentication locally when the connection to the controller is lost. When connected to the controller, H-REAPs can also tunnel traffic back to the controller. This document has complete details on the deployment of HREAP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card