Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

is it possible to switch between SSID A, B based on WLC up?

I have mobile communications vans I want to add wireless to. These vans will mostly be connected to local ISPs at emergency Command Posts, but sometimes will be connected to our corporate WAN. I want to set up 2 WLANs: one for corporate access (802.1x), call it WLAN A. I want a 2nd WLAN that provides local access for when the van is deployed to an emergency, say, using WPA-PSK and local switching (call it WLAN B). I understand that H-REAP will prevent corporate access to WLAN A when disconnected, but how can I prevent access to WLAN B when the AP is connected to the corporate WAN, i.e. when it can see the WLC? Is there an LWAPP solution that can do this?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: is it possible to switch between SSID A, B based on WLC up?

The best thing about HREAP is that H-REAP access points can switch client data traffic locally and perform client authentication locally when the connection to the controller is lost. When connected to the controller, H-REAPs can also tunnel traffic back to the controller. This document has complete details on the deployment of HREAP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies