cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is my aironet 1240ag series config compatible w/ our new aironet 1602i?

sang.ko
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone,

i was wondering if i can export my config from our 1242AG wap and import it to a new 1602i?  thx!

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will not take all the commands, depending on the code version you have.  You can try and then compare the configs to see what takes and what doesn't.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One of the lines will the interface.

You'll need to change the "FastEthernet" from the 1240 config to "GigabitEthernet".

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

No, the configuration back up from 1242 will not work for any other AP.

I agree some commands wont take. but you can cut and paste the commands in. See what fails and fix it .. done

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card