Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

is my aironet 1240ag series config compatible w/ our new aironet 1602i?

hi everyone,

i was wondering if i can export my config from our 1242AG wap and import it to a new 1602i?  thx!

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

is my aironet 1240ag series config compatible w/ our new aironet

It will not take all the commands, depending on the code version you have.  You can try and then compare the configs to see what takes and what doesn't.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Gold

One of the lines will the interface.

You'll need to change the "FastEthernet" from the 1240 config to "GigabitEthernet".

No, the configuration back up from 1242 will not work for any other AP.

I agree some commands wont take. but you can cut and paste the commands in. See what fails and fix it .. done

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content