Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my LAP1131AG a door stop?

I brought a LAP1131AG, only later found out that it can only be used with a controller.

Is there any way I could change the firmware to make it a normall Access Point?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No, it's not a door stop.  At least not for a heavy door anyways!

No, you can can convert the AP to run IOS by following the instructions in the below link. (just use the 1130 not 1240 image)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1240/installation/guide/124h_c4.html#wp1078480

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Would this not just perform as a normall AP?

Yes, as an autonomous wireless access point.

5 REPLIES

No, it's not a door stop.  At least not for a heavy door anyways!

No, you can can convert the AP to run IOS by following the instructions in the below link. (just use the 1130 not 1240 image)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1240/installation/guide/124h_c4.html#wp1078480

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks,

But I don't have a controller and I how do I set the boot file to the tftp server when the AP does not allow me to enter the boot cmd?

that should have taken you directly to the section on recovering via the mode button.....

Step 1 Set the static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs to an address between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1240-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA.tar for a 1240 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1240-k9w7-tar.default.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the Radio LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the access point GUI or the CLI.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for all your help, I had trouble extracting my IOS from my other AP. I finally got it to work and the LAP is now a A-AP.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes, as an autonomous wireless access point.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content