Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Is my RE1000 wireless repeater working?

Hi, I recently bought a Cisco RE1000 wireless repeater to boost the wireless signal to my garage office. Since then the signal has been intermittent, fluctuating between strong and weak signals, sometimes dropping off completely. Today I finally uplugged it, and the signal strength seems the same, even steadier, though that could be just the way the wind is blowing today.

How do I know if I'm picking up the wireless or repeater signal? As far as I can tell it's not helping at all, or even making it worse. Could it be interfering with my basic signal? How do I know which signal I'm getting?

thanks

Scott

1 REPLY

Is my RE1000 wireless repeater working?

Hello Scott,

welcome to the forums.

I just want to mention that it is better for you to move your thread to the small business wireless. There is where your device is handled.

Here is a link for that section:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/wireless

Secondly, You can check if your device works by taking wireless packet capture and compare the source/dest mac addresses of the generated frames. If there is other simple ways the guys in small business wireless forums should help you better.

Regards,

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"? Don't. Just rate the useful answers. That is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content