Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue in updating users graph in WCS

Muhammad Noman
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

I am using 5508 WLC with AIR-CAP3502E access points with WCS 7.0.172.0 frequently it happens that the WCS stops updating the clients record while on the other hand there is no issue on the clients site all clients are ok having no issue. In order to restore the service we needs to restart the the WCS.

Regards,

Muhammd Noman

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version is your WLC on? It need to be v7.0.116.0 or older. Here is a matrix just for reference on compatibility code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The version of WLC which i am working at is 7.0.116.0, but still this issue happens frequently. Kindly suggest some solution so that this error resolves permanently.

Regards,

Muhammad Noman

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Muhammd ,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

This is an expected behavior. With WLC version 6.0, the 5508 controller supports only up to 250 lightweight access points. With version 7.0.98.0, a single Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller can support up to 500 Cisco Aironet APs.

Hope this will help you.

Hello Abishek,

I think my question was not clear or you didn't got it. The issue is not with the Capacity of WLC, presently i am only using 16 Access points with the WLC having version 7.0.116.0

I am facing issue with the WCS, it happens frequently that the WCS stops updating the clients count graph on homepage of WCS. For you understanding i am also attaching the snapshot of WCS, the graph in the top right corner of the image is not updating.

Well that must be an issue with the WCS server. Might be a service in the server that stops or is hanging. Nothing you really can do except upgrade WCS to v7.0.240.0.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Muhammad,

There are a few things that you can check, but I suggest you to upgrade both WLC and WCS first then try those if you are still having the issue.

- Check the background task "Client Statistics". (Administration -> Background tasks). What is the interval at which this task is beign executed? the minimum is 10 minutes. so put it to the minimum and see if that helps.

- From the client count graph, try to press the refresh button at the top right of the graph. will that help showing the graph?

- From the client count graph, try to press the settings button (the gear button) that is besides the refresh button. Make sure that the refresh is enabled. make sure it is selected to show all the clients that you have (all WLC). what is the refresh interval of the graph?

- Try different browsers. The issue might be with the browser and/or the flash plugin.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi Amjad Abdullah,

I have tried all the above mentioned steps except the upgradation of WLC and WCS, but still it's not working. I am planning to upgrade both WLC and WCS but it may take a week or two. So please can you suggest some thing else to solve this issue.

Regards,

Muhammad Noman

Hi Mohammad,

I am sorry but I have no other ideas that may mitigate your issue.

There is a file dbadmin.bat (dbadmin.sh in linux) that is available to do some tasks like defragmentation, reinitialization or cleanup of the DB. However, I am not sure if that will help you in your issue.

Regards,

Amjad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card