cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Just looking to clarify a few things I read here

GENE MCTIERNAN
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 5508 WLC ver 6.0.202.0.  My WCS is at version 6.0.132.0,  I am using 1142's, 1131's and 1231's.  At the current software levels, are there any other access point models that would be supported?  I am looking particularly at 3500 and 3600's.  If they are not supported at current levels, what should be the minimum software version for the WLC and the WCS?

Thanks,

Gene

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gene,

The 3600's will require the 7.2 code and that is only supported on the 2504, 5508, and WiSM2. Your WCS version should also be equal or a higher version than the WLC firmware.

The 3502 requires a minimum of the 7.0.98.0 wlc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080b4bdc1.shtml

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gene,

The 3600's will require the 7.2 code and that is only supported on the 2504, 5508, and WiSM2. Your WCS version should also be equal or a higher version than the WLC firmware.

The 3502 requires a minimum of the 7.0.98.0 wlc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080b4bdc1.shtml

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

GENE MCTIERNAN
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Scott, but maybe you could answer why the WLC firmware versions are always being released ahead of the WCS versions?  I see a 7.2.103.0 for WLC, but WCS is at 7.0.230.0. It makes it difficult to know what should work with what.

Thanks,

Gene

For 7.2, you need NCS not WCS.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

I can't answer that... It's just one of those thing that you need to be aware about. There is a good matrix in the release notes which states what versions are compatible with certain equipment like MSE, etc.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: