Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

LACP configuration between a pair of WLC 5760s and VSSed 4500Xs

Hello, I'm trying to setup an LACP port-channel between a stacked pair of 5760s and VSSed 4550Xs. I see that the 5760s can group all 12 ports in 1 port-channel using LACP, but I could not find a configuration example for the 4500Xs. All docs for the 4500Xs state that you can only have up to 8 ports in a port-channel. Has anyone created a successfully port-channel using all 12 ports on the 5760s? Do I have to separate the port-channels into 2 and have the second one as a backup port-channel?

Thanks,

Yosef

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

You cannot bundle more than 8

You cannot bundle more than 8 ports in these switch platform.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/etherchannel/12025-49.html

Why do you require such 120Gbps connectivity from you 5760 to the rest of the network ? If you work it out your traffic requirement may be much less than this max capacity.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses. Each time you rate a response Cisco will donate $1 to Kiva ****

Community Member

Newer IOS based WLCs do

Newer IOS based WLCs do support LACP (5760/3850).  AirOS based (5508,2504, etc) do not support LACP.

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

You cannot bundle more than 8

You cannot bundle more than 8 ports in these switch platform.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/etherchannel/12025-49.html

Why do you require such 120Gbps connectivity from you 5760 to the rest of the network ? If you work it out your traffic requirement may be much less than this max capacity.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses. Each time you rate a response Cisco will donate $1 to Kiva ****

Community Member

Hello Rasika,I was trying to

Hello Rasika,

I was trying to avoid using two etherchannels and STP between the WLCs and 4500Xs. I was planning on using LACP's max link command to limit the etherchannel to 6 active links with the other 6 in hot standby mode. It looks like I will have to create 2 etherchannels on both sides and use the second etherchannel as a backup to the primary.

Thank you for the info.

Yosef

Just be mindful that the WLC

Just be mindful that the WLC does not support LACP, so you have to statically bundle all of the links together on both ends (mode 'on' on the etherchannel members on the 4500-X).

Community Member

Newer IOS based WLCs do

Newer IOS based WLCs do support LACP (5760/3850).  AirOS based (5508,2504, etc) do not support LACP.

Ah yes - you're right.  I

Ah yes - you're right.  I should have re-read before I posted...

Newer IOS based WLCs do

Newer IOS based WLCs do support LACP (5760/3850).  AirOS based (5508,2504, etc) do not support LACP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content