Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP 1142 not registering with WLC5508

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have purchased some new LAP1142  APs (AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9), but are not registering with my WLC5508 controller. Please find the log msgs am getting from the AP console attached with. In my controller i am getting the error report " AAA Authentication Failure for UserName:70ca9b05003f  User Type: WLAN USER". Please help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Shijo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, make sure the time is set corectly if this is a new install. Then make sure that you do not have this checked: Authorize MIC APs against auth-list or AAA  you can find this in the Security Tab | AAA | AP Policies.  It is easier also, ifyou place the AP in the same subnet as the wlc managment interface, just make sure there is dhcp available for that subnet.  Once the AP joins, then you can move it to any subnet/vlan you want.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, make sure the time is set corectly if this is a new install. Then make sure that you do not have this checked: Authorize MIC APs against auth-list or AAA  you can find this in the Security Tab | AAA | AP Policies.  It is easier also, ifyou place the AP in the same subnet as the wlc managment interface, just make sure there is dhcp available for that subnet.  Once the AP joins, then you can move it to any subnet/vlan you want.

-Scott

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried what you suggested, but still the same issue. AP's are being connected to the same vlan of WLC management interface and DHCP is also available.

Rgds,

Shijo.

Okay.. Can you post the output from the AP from the console. Did you verify the other settings I suggested?

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Dear Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to inform you that the issue has been resolved.

We need to add the mac address of the LAP manually in the AP Authorization List.

Thanks again,

Shijo.

Interesting... the 1142 should not need to be added to the list.  Are you doing AP Authorization on all ap's?

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card