cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

laptops can't connected to wifi

yassine2086
Level 1
Level 1

hi,I have a problem with my WLC2100 same client disconnected and can't get an address from dhcp actually I have tow SSID withe 2 pools when this problem happened switched client to the second SSID and then they connect immediately.i have a external DHCP server and my contrelleur is proxy 

20 Replies 20

luckymike33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you considered that it may be as simple as an issue with the credentials you are providing for the first SSID? Or an issue with the config of the SSID/mapped interface at the WLC, and finally is the vlan for the first SSID permitted on the trunk between the switch and the WLC?

You could check the controller logs to see what is going on, or do a debug client <mac> at the controller CLI for real detail.

very best wishes

Mike

Hi,

It just occurred to me - my post above is designed to troubleshoot client association with the AP, it does not troubleshoot the dhcp issue, which you mention you had configured as working for the second SSID.

HTH

Mike

thank's for your answers so I had already 204 users connected between the two SSID but same clients disconnected from first SSID and can't connect after, it's ok for Trunking between WLC and myswitch and interface with VLAN's also I check my server dhcp pool for the first SSID and there is more free addresses and I checked the numbers for clients connected for each AP not more 25 clients

So - is it a particular client operating system which is a problem?

Have you considered running wireshark on one of the client devices which is having difficulty associating?

Also what does the output of the debug on the WLC give us?

Best wishes

Mike

If your switching between ssid's that are known to be working fine, you need to make sure that fast ssid change is enabled on the WLC General tab.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

can you please Explain more ?

First off, can you screen shot from the GUI the Controller tab.  Then do you have telnet/ssh or console access to the WLC, if so, can you post the show wlan <this is your wlan id number>

-Scott

this list of logs that i have in my WLC

Decrypt errors occurred for client 1c:74:da:a6:ad:12 using WPA2 key on 802.11b/g interface of AP 00:3a:92:7c:90:cc

Decrypt errors occurred for client 10:0b:a3:4f:55:ee using WPA2 key on 802.11b/g interface of AP 00:3a:92:7c:90:cc

Interference Profile Failed for Base Radio MAC: 00:3a:98:7c:b3:70 and slotNo: 0

Rogue AP : 00:3a:99:7c:ba:a1 removed from Base Radio MAC : 00:3a:92:7c:90:cc Interface no:0(802.11b/g)

Coverage hole pre alarm for client[1] 60:67:20:7c:84:38 on 802.11b/g interface of AP 00:3a:98:7c:93:c0 (Etg03_AP10). Hist: 0 0 0 1 0 4 14 20 17 7 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Channel changed for Base Radio MAC: 00:3a:98:78:60:00 on 802.11b/g radio. Old Channel: 6. New Channel: 11. Why: Interference. Energy before/after change: -69/-80. Noise before/after change: -80/-81. Interference before/after change: -69/-89.

Channel changed for Base Radio MAC: 00:3a:98:78:60:d0 on 802.11b/g radio. Old Channel: 11. New Channel: 6. Why: Interference. Energy before/after change: -59/-76. Noise before/after change: -78/-80. Interference before/after change: -59/-78.

You should also post your show wlan <wlan id>

-Scott

Unfortunately i can just access with GIU to the conttroleur 

Well then post a screen shot of the Controller tab and also screen shot of the WLAN's in question.

-Scott

Hi

Please find attached thank you for your help 

I didn't see the screen shot for the main page of the WLC General tab:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/6-0/configuration/guide/Controller60CG/c60ccfg.html#wp1890039

Post a screen show of your SSID settings, not the interfaces.

-Scott

ok 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card