cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAWPP communication problems

jcarangui
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4402 WLC soft. ver 3.2 and Cisco LAP1510 AP soft ver. 4.0, the configuration in the WLC is correct, but it not comunicates with APs, checking for debug lawpp is seen problems with string authentication, or some like this, please help me

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jhovani,

It sounds like you might be running into this;

Configuring Option 43 for 1500 Series Access Points

To configure DHCP Option 43 for Cisco 1500 series lightweight access points in the embedded Cisco IOS DHCP server, follow these steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1500/installation/guide/1500_axg.html#wp1007889

Hope this helps!

Rob

sethgarnar
Level 1
Level 1

If your controller is running 3.X code and the AP is running 4.X code you will have issues. I spent a ton of time on this issue with TAC. I highly suggest you upgrade that controller to 4.X code.

"From TAC"

There is a difference in the VCI string in 3.2 code, 4.0 code and 4.1 code. Also there is a requirement for the 1510 which is a Lightweight only AP to have a specific pre-defined option code.

The Ethernet MAC of the 1510 MUST be in the ?MAC filter table? of the controller you wish to join

The VCI string for all code 4.0 to 4.1 MUST be ?Cisco AP.LAP1510?

The pre-defined option code ?MUST be 101? ? in binary (acsii). When adding the option to the scope remember to remove the leading ?.? in the ACSII field.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card