Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

limited lifetime warranty

Hi,

I got this AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 bought in may 2011 which is completely dead.

have tried to get in contact with the cisco tac regarding this, and they state is not under warrnanty anymore.

What do cisco mean by limited lifetime warranty?

17 Replies 17

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What I know is that you have 90 days from the day you receive the hardware. After the 90 days, you need smartnet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

90-days does'nt sound like lifetime warranty...

Worked previously with HP which have lifetime warranty, and for the HP guys a lifetime is definately longer than 90-days. Never had any problems getting equipment replaced using the lifetime warranty on HP products.

so why is cisco so troublesome doing business with?

Again... This is what I know from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

If you want support its 90 days. If you want replacement its limited lfetime.

See attached

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/product_bulletin_c25-606138.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Maybe TAC didn't get this memo. I was still being told 90 days. Open up another TAC case and reference the doc that George mentioned and see what they say. The bad part about this is you would need support to request an RMA... Guess it depends on who the TAC engineer you get.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Either re-open the TAC Case or create a new one.  That's not how the  "Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty Terms" works.

Can you please post the S/N of your AP.  This will tell us whether or not the WAP MANUFACTURED  date.  I'm suspecting the TAC agent was looking at this value.

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Replacement should be lifetime. I have done this many times.

zhenning

even if you dont get hardware/service support renewal after the purchase?

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similiar situation but with 3502 aps, TAC told me that some where manufactured before the warranty was changed to limited lifetime.  I had to engage my SE to help get them RMA'd.

The "Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty" and "Cisco Extended Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty" were in response to HP.

At one point, our Cisco SE and AM tried to deny these programs existed.  When I showed them the link they changed their mind and said it's only valid for US and Canada.  We challenged them to show us the details to back up their claims and they went quiet.

This program is very, very unpopular within Cisco.  It gives me the impression that this program was announced to the public without consultation within Cisco. 

We've replaced Cat3750s and 1142 access points with limited lifetime warranty, usually get replacement from Cisco in 10 days.  It has never been without hassle.  TAC does their best to deny entitlement, be persistent.  If not for HP market pressure, we'd be eating those Cisco 3750 and 1142.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/product_bulletin_c25-606138.html

praetoleiad
Level 1
Level 1

does this mean that if i purchased the new AP of Cisco now, even if i dont renew my CON-SNT-XX i can still get hardware replacement of the defective AP as long as it is still on mainstream> Kinldy enlighten me on this!!!

Correct -- no need for smartnet ... I blogged about this over a year ago

http://www.my80211.com/did-you-know/2009/7/25/what-cisco-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about-smartnet-on-lwappca.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

i have read the blog in the past and it was a good trick to save on smartnet renewal. just to make it clear, i don't need to renew support warranty contract for me to get replacement on the purchased AP right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card