cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link backup for lan using wireless bridge with access point 1510.

rezende.c
Level 1
Level 1

Srs(as),

I need make a link wireless bridge using 1510 access points to provide redundancy for connection between the switches. Please, see the attachments document for better understanding.

somebody can help me !

thanks

3 Replies 3

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would set one 1510 to RAP, the other to MAP, and turn Ethernet bridging to on in the mesh tab of each AP. Of course, do define the same BGN on both APs...

You probbaly want to use STP or filter VLANs here, as you have a very nice loop.

hth

Jerome

Thanks Jerome,

Yes, I set RAP and MAP, turn Ethernet bridging and use same BGN on both APS.

My intention is that this link wireless provide the redundancy for link fiber optical between switches. The problem is that the switches don't changes BPDUS between APs, and the switches don't recognize two roads.

Other problem is that APs prefer connect to controller through cabo than wireless link.

I hope has understood.

thanks !

Claudio

Ok, I think I get it now...

First, the MAP has 2 backhaul interfaces (links towards the controller), cable and radio, and as per the current code, it always prefer the faster, therefore the cable, oever the radio. This should not be changed.

It would be interesting to check if the AP receives BPDUs from your switch... I usually use a hub with a station and wireshark when I want to sniff what an IP gets. The 1510 AP is supposed to be transparent to STP, so it should forward BPDUs if no bpduguard is set by default...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card