cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading web auth bundle for pass through

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have created a web page using the web auth template that I downloaded from Cisco.  Am I just supposed to upload the TAR file that I created from the wap folder or do I have to upload the entire bundle that I downloaded from Cisco created as a TAR file?

Thank you.

I have attached the files I am using and cannot get them to load on the web browser when I click on preview.  The login.tar file loads onto the controller with no problem and reports succesful installation.

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just the login.html and images or any other files that you referenced in the login.html.

You will need to TAR up the files you have used to be able to upload that to the wlc.

You don't upload the whole bundle that you downloaded from CCO.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just the login.html and images or any other files that you referenced in the login.html.

You will need to TAR up the files you have used to be able to upload that to the wlc.

You don't upload the whole bundle that you downloaded from CCO.

-Scott

Thank you for the clarification.  I had already read the document you listed in your second comment but it did not give a clear explanation of how to create the TAR file or the process.

You need to use a Linux/unix box or else on windows you can use 7-zip, pico zip or power archiver.

Per this doc
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_user_accts.html#wp1183650

Note
If you load a webauth bundle with a .tar compression application that is not GNU compliant, the controller cannot extract the files in the bundle and the following error messages appear: "Extracting error" and "TFTP transfer failed." Therefore, we recommend that you use an application that complies with GNU standards, such as PicoZip, to compress the .tar file for the webauth bundle.

-Scott

I edited the login.html and aup.html files and then added those plus the logo.jpg file to a file called login.tar created by 7-zip.  I uploaded this file to the controller as a web auth bundle.

From the security tab under Web Auth I changed the Web Authentication Type to Customized (Downloaded).  Clicked Apply and then clicked on Preview and I get a page that says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Any suggestions?

Seth

Can you attach you webauth bundle so I can test it. I would try to extract it to a new folder and open up the login.html

-Scott

The is one more important point to be noted. WLC don't recognize .htm extension like windows. Make sure your guest login/fail / successful page have .html extension. Else you will receive error even when you use GNU standard extractor like 7-zip or PicoZip.

Thanks, Kunal

Happy to help you !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a link that might also help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080bf7d89.shtml#topic2

-Scott

I assume I have to upload the login.tar to the HA controller as well?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your running HA, you have to upload the bundle to both wlc's. this means you have to disable AP SSO before you can do upload to the other WLC.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card