Helpful
Replies

low power on ap 1240AG with power injector AIR-PWRINL3

russell.paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

Iam a electrical technician in Australia

I have instaled 2 larg instilations consisting of over 100 ap and 40 1300 bridges.

Iam haveing a problem with low power on the 1240AG (powered by Injector)when used in conjuction with 1300 bridges.

I have tried lots of combinations to over come this problem. I have found lots of little bugs in the system.

in the configuration of the ap it shows the 1240 is being powered by the bridge injector. none of the mac adress match the ap being used.

I have attached a document with different combo, and what works and what does.

I have aslo found that one sytem does work but the sytem configs are different in the brige and ap.

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Try either of these steps configure 1. "power inline negotiation injector H.H.H" and "power inline negotiation prestandard source" on the AP, where H.H.H is the MAC address of the switch port the AP is plugged into, 2. disable CDP on the switch for that port that he has the AP plugged into, does not use a power injector. Connect an AC power adapter directly

I am following up on Pauls problem.

As noted these access point are not conected through a switch.

but direct into a bridge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card