Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LWAP and LAP

Can any body tell me what is the difference between LWAP and LAP

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: LWAP and LAP

Hi Mansoor,

These two acronyms are similar, one is short for the Lightweight Protocol and one for the Lightweight AP's themselves;

Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP).

Lightweight Access Point (LAP)

Understanding the Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns348/ns337/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd802c18ee.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I got the point, one is Light weight AP and other is the Light weight Access Point protocol that runs on LAP.

but when I configure 1130 on cisco configurator, for AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 the decription comes as "802.11ag LWAPP AP Integrated Antennas FCC Cnfg" which shows that the said AP supports LWAPP. At the same time when I configure AIR-LAP1131G-A-K9 it only says " 802.11g Integrated Unified AP; Int Antennas; FCC Cnfg". Does it mean that the second AP does not support LWAPP

cheers

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Mansoor,

They both support LWAPP :) For some reason the description is slightly different (probably different vintages of AP's or the fact that one is A/b/g and the other is just b/g) but the word "Unified" in this description;

802.11g Integrated "Unified" AP; Int Antennas; FCC Cnfg

Does stand for LWAPP support.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content