Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LWAP SSH

Hello All

I had converted an IOS AP to LWAP and the conversion went fine... but the LWAP hasnt yet registered to the WLC.. We see it on the CDP table of the switch, and it has got an IP address. now, am trying to login to the LWAP on SSH, it logs in, but the default username/pw cisco/cisco isnt working.. Cisco/Cisco, cisco/Cisco , etc I tried all combinations.. I'm remote and hence not in a position to reset the AP.. The WLC's do not show any log where in the new AP is being unregistered ! How do I login to the LWAP in this case ? Cant do much with the WLC since the AP isnt registered yet.. Help..

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: LWAP SSH

I don't think you can log in remotely until you set the username/password via the WLC. You'll need to log in via console if logging in is necessary.

Before doing that, maybe we could help you troubleshoot why it's not coming up in the WLC. What kind of AP is it? If it's a 1230 or 1120, it's possible that it's an SSC issue, that happens a lot.

Hello Jeff

This is a 1252G LWAPP. As the other posted said, is it necessary to convert it to IOS AP and then to LWAP again ? This is the only AP which has issues, since the other 75 APs which I converted from IOS to LWAP works fine.. unfortunately its tough to get console access to this LWAP. any suggestions ?

Hello Jeff

This is a 1252G LWAPP. As the other posted said, is it necessary to convert it to IOS AP and then to LWAP again ? This is the only AP which has issues, since the other 75 APs which I converted from IOS to LWAP works fine.. unfortunately its tough to get console access to this LWAP. any suggestions ?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Lavanya,

You can do alot especially when you said "Cant do much with the WLC since the AP isnt registered yet".

What you need to do is convert the AP to Autonomous mode and re-convert it back to LWAP using the Conversion Tool.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Lavanya,

The reason why I am recommending that you convert to Autonomous and convert it back to LWAPP using the Conversion Tool is because during the conversion to LWAPP, the AP has retained the OLD configuration and this is also the reason why it's lookinf for a WLC from a different IP Address.

The only way for you to delete the old configuration is for you to go into Enable/Priviledge mode ... which is locked down.

Silver

sblavanya

If the AP shows up over CDP.

Please reply back with the show cdp ne detail since I dont think CDP should has been enable when the AP is not joining the WLC.

We will know if it is running LWAPP or aIOS. Please reply back with that output.

By the way, you can run debugs from the WLC in order to understand why the AP is not joining.

Here is a link as reference:

http://tiny.pl/z6v9

Views
Helpful
Replies