Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.
For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.
I need to convert a "AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9" to Autonomous Access Point.
I tried the following steps to convert the LWAP to Autonomous.
1. Assigned IP Address 10.0.0.3 to my laptop
2. Placed the IOS image in the cisco TFTP server "c1240-k9w7-tar.default"
3. Disabled all firewalls on my laptop
4. Switchoff the AP and pressed the reset button, and started the AP and released the reset button after 40 seconds
5. TFTP showed the attached error
Please let me know how could I convert the LWAP to Autonomous. I need to make it ASAP.
Go to Solution.
Make sure you the PC your TFTP server is running on is set to show known file extensions. If not even after you rename the image file the .tar extension is still there, just hidden.