Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LWAPP Mobility Group Design

I would like to setup wireless guest access on my wireless network. I am using the LWAPP product line (AP1000s, 4404 WLCs). I have 14 internal controllers. I want to place a new controller on a DMZ for guest access.

All of my internal controllers serve up an SSID for the secure staff vlan and are in their own mobility groups depending on building. How would I get all these controllers to build EoIP tunnels to this guest controller? It seems that all controllers that provide this guest access need to be in the same mobility group as this guest controller. So do I need to create just one big enterprise wide mobility group to accomodate this? Which from what I read, is not recommended. Or is there a way for a single controller to be part of more then one mobility group? I could then add a guest mobility group on all controllers including the internal ones and still have the internal controllers in their individual staff mobility? Is this possible? I have not seen a multiple mobility group option on the controllers. Does anyone have any recommendations?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: LWAPP Mobility Group Design

you can try this link for more information on configuring mobility groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008063ede0.html

Views
Helpful
Replies