cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Address Disappears

vikrantarora
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Cisco 350 Access points and manage via wavelink mobile manager. Everything is working fine. We enter the MAC address of the notebook befor eit is able to gain access. Now, when I add the MAC address notebook is able to get on to th einternet and local are network. but the signal keeps disapperaing and coming back. The notebook is right under the access point . And after a couple of minutes the MAC address disappers from the AP properties. After I add teh MAC address of teh notebook, I see a prompt saying profile would be overridden , so I am saiving it fine but it just disappears. Can you tell me how to troubleshoot. I dont work on wireless , the actual guy is on vactaion , so it could be something i am overlooking.

1 Reply 1

rsahney
Level 1
Level 1

Try reducing the transmission power of the client in case of cisco cards, you can do this from the aironet client utility installed on that laptop.

Other way round would be to try and reduce the transmitt power of the AP in the Setup -> Root Radio -> Hardware from 100mW to 50 mW , this will save the signal from bouncing.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card