Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC filter Aironets 1200

contact_mahajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Friends,

I am a newbie here with MAC filtering and APs.

I am working on the project to configure Aironets 1200 for WLA and for that I need to set the MAC filtering so that only particaular machines are allowed.

I have read the documentation on how to set the MAC filter but somehow its not working for me.

I have created a forward filter for these MAC addresses to be allowed and changed the default action to block all under the "MAC Address Filetrs" tab.

I have also applied the respective filters for incoming and outgoing traffic under the "Apply Filters" tab.

But somehow, even after all this my machines are not able to connect to the AP. But if I change the "default action" of the filter to "forward all", everything starts to work. Then the machines can connect too.

So I think the wireless NIC cards are not talking properly with the AP.

I have tested this on two machines with different Wireless NICs. One of them is Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 BG and the other one is Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCA card.

Please suggest on how to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,

Gigs

1 Reply 1

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

Take a look at the following document for MAC Authentication configuration example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

This is in a Controller environment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card