cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Master Controller Mode question

garyrivers
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the wireless LAN controller world so I have a question.

we just bought and configed a 2006 controller. we don't have any APs connected to it yet(waiting on antennea). I am presumming that I should have the setting Master Controller Mode set to "enable". Right

Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

Gary,

This setting is not necessary in your environment. I would leave it disabled. This setting only comes into play when there are more than one controller the AP can connect to and it hasnt been specifically specified which controller is primary or seconday. In such a scenario the "Master" controller setting is the tie breaker.

Hope this helps. Please rate this post :)

-Brad

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

Gary,

This setting is not necessary in your environment. I would leave it disabled. This setting only comes into play when there are more than one controller the AP can connect to and it hasnt been specifically specified which controller is primary or seconday. In such a scenario the "Master" controller setting is the tie breaker.

Hope this helps. Please rate this post :)

-Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card