Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh AP Registered as BRIDGE

dnspacket1
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

I have 8510 WLC and outdoor AP AIR-CAP1552E-M-K9   .

I am using the country code SA.

All APs are associated to WLC. a/n radio & b/g/n is showing UP.

But my AP  is registered in Bridge mode. When I put the AP in local mode, Its a/n radio is  going down.

Does anyone know why this issue is happening ?

This issue is reported only for the outdoor APs. My all indoor APs are working fine without any issue

Regards

Deva

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1552's are MESH, so they need to be either in bridge mode or FlexConnect mode. Bridge mode if the 1552 is setup as a RAP is the same as local mode. Bridge setup as a MAP has to associate to a RAP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

>"bridge mode if the 1552 is setup as a RAP is the same as local mode"< What does this means ?

My AP is  in MAP mode and it has physical connectivity to the switch.. So do i need to change it as RAP ?

Regards

Deva

If your 1552 is connect to a switch, then you need to change it to a Root AP (RAP). Mesh AP (MAP) will and can come up with Ethernet connected, but not designed that way. Change it to a RAP.

-Scott

Thanks scott..

But when I changed it earlier, a/n radio went down..Was there any reason for that ?

What do i need to keep the AP in local mode ?

If I change it as RAP,   2.4 & 5 GHZ will work ?

Thanks

Deva

You need to setup the 1552 as a RAP.... both radios will work, but if you want to have clients on the 5ghz, you need to enable client access on the backhaul.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Thanks scott

I will test this and update you the status

No problem... this is how to enable client access on the backhaul

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_mesh.html#pgfId-1855725

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Dera Scott,

I changed it as RAP.

But I If I changed mode as local, a/n radio is going down

Regards

Deva

You can't change the 1552's to local mode. The only modes you can change them to in Oder for them to be functional is Bridge or FlexConnect.

Change it to FlexConnect and see if that works for you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/emob73/ch7_HREA.html

-Scott

Hai,

You are absolutely right. Its is Bridge mode or flexconnect mode

In our scenario, we are not using MESH configuration.I have 3 APs(1522) in my network

If I want to use the outdoor AP with both the antennas (2.4 and 5GHz) for client connectivity, which is the best option ?

Regards

Deva

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is an older thread for reference.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2156356

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame