cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating to Cisco Prime from Cisco NCS

rschwart
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help. I have a brand spanking new VM box with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3 on it and Cisco NCS Prime 1.1.1.24. I have have stopped the ncs service intalled the proper patch and did a backup on the application NCS. When I do a restore on the Prime VM I get the following error: % Backup file does not match insgtalled application(s). Any suggestions, solutions? 

6 Replies 6

I would do a fresh installation of prime 1.3 & then export maps onto it. You may loose historic data, but it is less hassel...

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Rasika,

Thanks. How do you just export and or import the maps. I have no problem loosing historic data.

If you could point me to the documentation, or the directions would really be great.

Roger

Hi Roger,

If you go to "Monitor -> MAP -> Export Maps"  then you can export maps from your current system. Then go to your new PI installation & "Monitor -> MAP -> Import Maps" & select exported maps.

Here is a screenshort of Export Map option page.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Finally resolved issue. Cleared all reports, performed backup form the GUI. After the backup completed Prime completed the import with no problems. It did take about 10 hours total, 254 floor plans, 1024 access points and 300 switch stacks.

Thanks for the update

Migrating Cisco WCS Licenses to Cisco Prime NCS Licenses
The Cisco Prime Network Control System uses a single-tier license model. When Cisco WCS BASE or WCS PLUS licenses are being migrated, licenses will be mapped to the new Cisco Prime NCS single-tier model, as shown in Figure 1. Customers are able to migrate their existing WCS licenses by purchasing the migration SKU (L-WCS-NCS1-M-K9) as also indicated.

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/guide_c07-653879.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card