Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Migrating WLC from existing WCS to another WCS

Dear tecahers:

We support a campus with 8 WLC with 600 APs managed by our own WCS.

Recently we are going to support a new site. They have 4 WLC with about 250 APs managed by another WCS.

What we want to do is migrate 4 WLC with 250 APs from their WCS to our own WCS, thus we can use our own WCS to manage all the WLC and APs.

My question is How can we migrate these 4 WLC from the existing WCS to our own WCS with the configuration and maps?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Steven

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Migrating WLC from existing WCS to another WCS

Do you have enough licenses on the new WCS for the additional access points you plan to add ? As for migration, I recall there arent any migration tools from wcs to wcs. I recall there being tools for WLSE to WCS. Depending on how many maps you have, it shouldnt take all that long to import maps and place aps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content