Helpful
Replies

missing 802.1X security option in Wireless

jorgeaaq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I just receive two units of Cisco Small Pro 541N APs

we use 802.1X to authenticate wireless users ( already working with other APs in the plant)

I choose this model because in the manual appears 802.1X option for wireless security

but, when i try to create a SSID whit 802.1X , i can only see WEP, Dynamic WEP, WPA Personal and Enterprise

I naunual says that 802.1X is an option and must appear

I do know if i need to enable something previous to get that option ??

can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

Jorge Arenas

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WPA Enterprise is 802.1x

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott:

thanks for the quick response, only have another question, we use EAP (EAP-TLS )but when I choose WPA Enterprise, I only see WPA, WPA2, TKIP and CCMP AES options but not EAP options ( open system, shared key ,besides EAP, PEAP or mschap options, which are mentioned in the manual and normally we use to configure 802.1X)

The strange thing is, in the manual appears directly 802.1X and WPA Enterprise in the options of securtity, like diferent options with diferent parameters  ( Page 61 of 541N Administration Guide (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/AP541N/administration/guide/AP541Nadmin.pdf)

there is something i need to pre-configure to get WPA enterprise with EAP parameters or to enable 802.1X option directly

thanks again

Jorge Arenas

Just choose either WPA or WPA2…. This will either make your security wpa/tkip or wpa2/aes. Both of these is 802.1x and you setup your radius for eap-tls if that is what you want to use.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: