Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobility group between controller 4400 and virtual wlc

Hello everybody...

I read the configuration guide about the 7.3 release. And I figured out that you will need a hash key for establishing a mobility group relation between a controller and a virtual controller. The 7.3 release for the 5500 series works fine for me.

But the latest release 7.0.235.0 for the wireless lan controller series 4400 does not have a functionality to add a hash key while creating a new mobility group member.

The command "config mobility group member hash" is totally missing.

Does anybody have an idea how to establish a mobility group between a 4400 controller and a virtual then?

Best regards,

Sebastian Wieseler

Everyone's tags (3)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: mobility group between controller 4400 and virtual wlc

You would use none instead if a hash is how I believe it needs to be. The hash is really for the APs to be able to join. If your just trying to bring up mobility between a vWLC and another wlc, you can use none.

Since the vWLC is not out yet, it's tough to say, because there probably hadn't been much testing with older wlc models.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Well I tested out the beta and did not test out with any of the older WLC's.  So since you do have it and you can't establish a mobility connection, even when you have set the hash to none, then I guess its not going to be supported.  I would kind of figure that would be the case since the 4400's are EOS prior to the 7.3 being released.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
4 REPLIES

You would use none instead if a hash is how I believe it needs to be. The hash is really for the APs to be able to join. If your just trying to bring up mobility between a vWLC and another wlc, you can use none.

Since the vWLC is not out yet, it's tough to say, because there probably hadn't been much testing with older wlc models.

-Scott

The vWLC is out since yesterday.

We installed it in our lab and the deployment guide is out now, too.

Anyway... the hash is "god-given" in the vWLC. I can't change it to "none". So it is quite mandatory to enter a hash in the 4400 controller otherwise it just do not pair. So I am unable to establish a mobility group.

Any other ideas?

Well I tested out the beta and did not test out with any of the older WLC's.  So since you do have it and you can't establish a mobility connection, even when you have set the hash to none, then I guess its not going to be supported.  I would kind of figure that would be the case since the 4400's are EOS prior to the 7.3 being released.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Here is an update...

I was told that the Virtual Controller & mobility anchor- the virtual controller does NOT support Mobility Anchor function (like the 2500), but DOES support standard mobility functions, including guest anchoring to a 4400 anchor/DMZ 4400 controller for example. I haven't tested it yet, but this is what I was told.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content