Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mobility Service Engine Configuration

Hello All,

I  am trying to integrate a 3350 MSE to an existing WCS and I am running  across some issues that I can't figure out.  Basically I went throught  the initial setup of the MSE and assigned it an IP in the same network  as the WLCs I have installed ... it is also connected to the same switch  that the WLCs are on as well ... I am not sure how the port should be  configured but I have tried setting it as an access port and a trunk  port and I still am not able to ping it or see it if I do a cdp neighbor  cmd on the switch.

I  have looked at the configuration several times and it says that the  service is running and the IP, SM, and GW are all correct so I am not  sure what else I can check to get this up and working.

Any  help with this is greatly appreciated ... I tried to look at all the  config and design guides but they mostly tell you what to do once you  get the MSE integrated with the WCS.

Thanks in advance!

Malwan

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Mobility Service Engine Configuration

Switch port should be an access port.  Are you sure you've got your cabling connected to the correct eth port on the MSE?  I believe there are two, but only one is used.

-John

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Switch port should be an access port.  Are you sure you've got your cabling connected to the correct eth port on the MSE?  I believe there are two, but only one is used.

-John

Hi Malwan,

I know how frustrating this could be as I had the same problem yesterday.!!

Good news is that we got it fixed.

It its a bug with the MSE and you need to reboot the device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/release/notes/mse5135.html

CSCsu60684—Mobility services engine could fail to bring up one or more Ethernet interfaces (eo or e1) and would display the following error message:

Bringing up interface eth0: bnx2 device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

The workaround was to reboot the unit.

If the  NIC is  working you, should be able to see the eth0 status as "up" when you issue ifconfig-a

Hope this helps.

cheers,

Janesh

Thanks for the help ... the MSE version was 6.x so the rebooting didn't help but I did finally get it to work by just changing the IP and subnet ... I was using an IP with a /22 subnet and changed it to a /24 and then it started to work ... not sure why that is but all is good here now ... again thanks for the help

Views
Helpful
Replies