Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Monitor mode ap -802.11ac

Hi All,

Once i selected monitor mode in 3602i , AP's 802.11 ac radio goes into "disabled".

Any Idea.?

• Getting Started with Wireless
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Monitor mode ap -802.11ac

Monitor mode will disable 802.11ac module as what I have seen.  Well this is what happens to the one I have... it does show it in the docs that its supports it, but maybe I will have to try with a different AP.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

I know the WSSI module is used for spectrum monitoring... but I will see if this 3602 disables also.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Yup... disables the AC radio in monitor mode.

Thanks,

Scott

Yeah .... Thanks.... We have around 25 Monitor mode Ap's ... majority of them puts themself in disabled state except two .That made me confused.. How only that two ap's in monitor mode is not disabling ac radio..??

Is there any doc says it ...???

Here is the thing. If you had AP's in monitor mode, you should of gotten the WSSI module for spectrum intelligence. There is no purpose to have the AP in monitor mode and also want the AC module to function. The AP will scan each channel (20mhz) not 40mhz nor 80mhz since that is strictly for client access (throughout).

Your better off getting the WSSI module and leaving the AP either in local or keep them in monitor mode.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.