cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

monitoring controller logs

echelon360
Level 1
Level 1

was wondering if anyone has a similar solution.I'm looking at a way to have all the controllers log to a central syslog server. Right now, i'm guessing some 3rd party logging software (eg kiwi syslog).

Any ideas?

thanks!

3 Replies 3

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

you can configure them to log to only 1 syslog server whether it be kiwi or linux syslog server. The controllers log to syslog hosts on udp port 514 by default, which is the standard syslog port that kiwi & most others listen on by default

thanks!

but this would not allow me to get the trap logs which essentially contains the Rogue AP instances.

I've enabled the snmp loggin to the kiwi syslog server but the formatting is not all that clear to understand.

We use the syslog plugin in Cacti to parse & view our logs. It works great and can even email when certain expressions appear in the log server.

You can always place a console server on the console port and trap the output.

syslogging can be very noisy depending on what level you set your logging at. I would experiment with different levels of logging and see what works for you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card