Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPI350 configuration IP issues on T40

Note: I am new here and opened a conversation on Wireless Standards for this issue and believe it really belongs here . I will try to cancel the "Wireless Standards" conversation.

I have been working since Dec 26 to get my wifes Thinpad T40 with Aironet MPI350 mini PCI Wireless card to connect and work with my Linksys wireless router at home. My T60 works fine . The MPI350 has been replaced with a different card and I get the same response. This is true at home, work and the local coffee shop running WEP, LEAP and no security respectively. The common behavior is to be able to "Associate" which I think is a physical connection but any attempts to ping or use the Web are not successful. I get the feeling this is software / config. issue and the T40 Thinkpad laptop is a lease return that I suspect worked fine before the hard disk was reformatted and the latest drivers / utilities installed for XP Service Pack 2, ( SP2) . I am specifically wondering what Driver / Firmware combination will work with XP SP2 for the Aironet MPI350 adapter ?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: MPI350 configuration IP issues on T40

There is no such specific combination for Wireless Card and XP. It should normally work fine. Try the adapter in a sifferent slot or in a different computer. Check if you have any firewall or Other software that blocks the wireless connection.

MPI350 configuration IP issues on T40

Did you get this problem resolved. I just bought a used T40 and have spent sleepless nights but with no success to the MPI350 to connect to my network.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content