Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Site 5508 WLC and H-Reap

I new to Cisco, the 5508 WLC, and H-REAP...  I am setting up a 2 WLC's one at the primary data center and a second on at the backup datacenter.  I have a total of 8 sites that will be utilizing the WLC.

6 of the 8 sites will utilize H-Reap back to controller's site.  

We have designated Vlan30 as Corporate Wireless

We have designated Vlan31 as Guest Wireless

Question(S)

1: Is the Management Interface used only to manage the Controller as well as the LAP's, sort of the same way the management vlan is configured to manage the switches interfaces?

2: Our current scheme for managment vlan is 99. Should i change my Management Interface IP address and Vlan Tag to Vlan99 and then create a Dynamic Interface for Vlan30 and 31 for the Corporate Wireless and Guest?

Regards,

MDJ

1 REPLY

Multi-Site 5508 WLC and H-Reap

1: Is the Management Interface used only to manage the Controller as well as the LAP's, sort of the same way the management vlan is configured to manage the switches interfaces?

You can assign the management interface to the WLAN also, but this is not a recommended design.

2: Our current scheme for managment vlan is 99. Should i change my Management Interface IP address and Vlan Tag to Vlan99 and then create a Dynamic Interface for Vlan30 and 31 for the Corporate Wireless and Guest?

You can configure the management vlan as untagged and configure the native vlan as 99 in the switch port.  The other interfaces are fine

Thanks

NikhiL

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content