Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast wlc5508

robertssean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anybody had any issues setting up multicast on the wireless network with a certain fruit based tv?
We are trying to implement this but have nit managed to get it working, all enabled on the wlc ip address of 239.255.255.1 & everythjng enabled on the switch vlan & ip multicasting routing enabled globally, bjt still the icon does not appear on the tablet device. Have read the latest doc on setting this up but not too sure what i am doing wrong?

Cheers

Sean

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

7 Replies 7

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Robert,

I like the term fruit based TV :-)

Please check below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/bonjour/Bonjour_Deployment.html

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What code are you running on the WLC. Also are you seeing any multicast trading on the switch? Are these fruit TV's wireless or wired and are you trying to cross a layer 3 boundary?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

I am running

7.0.116.0 on the wlc 5508, my fruit based tv is wireless

Hi Robertssean,

with this code you can manage the apple TV when the clients and the TV are in the same VLAN!

we have tested this exactly:

AppleTV     Client          Multicast global          Multicast-Mode         

WLAN          WLAN          enable                    Multicast or Unicast IP 239.1.1.10 for example

LAN               WLAN        enable                    Multicast or Unicast IP 239.1.1.10 for example

Router Config               Status

nothing                         Running

nothing                         Running

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Mario

Hi,

Our setup we have is, we have a anchor controller that has a guest-wlan of 100 & then a normal 5508 behind that which has vlan 203, in between we have a cisco switch that does not have ip multicast enabled or ip pim sparse enabled, do we have to have this configured? we have managed to get it working locally over a standard linksys ap with IPAD one side & apple tv the pther & was able to get that working all ok, its just wehn we try over the wireless network it does not work & it is very frustrating but something obvious.

Cheers

Sean

Hi,

are the clients and the apple tv in the same VLAN ID?

If this not you need a Version 7.4 with the apple bonjour gateway, but this version is in my opinion not stable.

Regards,

Mario

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think that multicast is supported when anchoring to be honest.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card