Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Repeaters to same root

I need to configure another repeater hop to the root , I already configured the first repeater and its working fine , Is there any special configuration for the secound repeater , note that the parent I use for the secound repeater is the first repeater and the area between the two repeaters is small.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Multiple Repeaters to same root

The config for the 2nd repeater will be the same as the first but here is a few things to think about

Repeaters should be the very last design that you ever use only when you have no other options

each repeater hop will halve your throughput

eg

root -------repeater1 ------ repeater 2

If you can have 11Mbps links with minimal interference then the clients on repeater 2 will have only 3 to 4 Mbps half duplex as every pack will be transmitted 3 times you will also find the number of clients will be a lot less.

If the 2nd repeater can see the root at all then it will associate it it and not the 1st repeater.

Any Cisco device will associate to a root at a lower speed in preference to a repeater due to the through put drop

HTH

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content