Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

N+1 Mobility List

Hi Experts,

According to Cisco documentation, controllers with N+1 redundany do not have to be in the same mobility group, which is for roaming purposes.

In my situation, the backup controller is located in a different city.

Do primary controllers need to see the backup controller in their Mobility Lists?

Or any benefit if to add the backup controller to the Mobility Lists of primary controllers?

Thanks

Cedar

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

N+1 Mobility List

Yes, it is recommended that they still be in the mobility list

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00809817ca.shtml

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Silver

N+1 Mobility List

Mobility Group listing is required for AP Fallback.  So yes you should have it configured in the mobility group setting.  N+1 is no different than having redundant WLC with licenses.  Configuration is the same and how it functions. 

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
5 REPLIES

N+1 Mobility List

Yes, it is recommended that they still be in the mobility list

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00809817ca.shtml

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

N+1 Mobility List

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

However, I could not find the confirmation from the url indicating that backup controller needs to be added to the mobility list of the primary controllers. Or did I miss anything?

Thanks,
Cedar

Hall of Fame Super Silver

N+1 Mobility List

Mobility Group listing is required for AP Fallback.  So yes you should have it configured in the mobility group setting.  N+1 is no different than having redundant WLC with licenses.  Configuration is the same and how it functions. 

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

N+1 Mobility List

Thanks Scott. It makes sense to me.

Cedar

N+1 Mobility List

Views
Helpful
Replies