Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS HA changing Authentication Key

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

hello

I want to know if it is possible to change the authentication key on a secondary NCS.

is is setup at the beginning of the installation.

But you also use this key to login  ( Web login)  to the secondary appliance.

Reagrds

Michel Misonne

3 Replies 3

ricky.eng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michel,

You manage to find an answer? I am interested to know how to change the HA authentication key too.

I am not too sure if we just trigger the failover to the secondary NCS per the NCS Admin Guide in page 15-107, step 6.

Here is the extract....

" Choose either a manual or automatic failover option. If you choose manual, you can trigger the failover

operation with a button in the secondary HealthMonitor GUI or with the URL specified in the email

which the administrator receives upon failure of the primary NCS. If you choose automatic, the

secondary NCS initiates a failover on its own when a failure is detected on the primary."

As I don't have the access to the GUI, I am curious are you able to access to the secondary NCS's GUI?

I was told only the primary NCS's GUI can be accessible but not the secondary unit.

malomalo
Level 1
Level 1

Try logging in via CLI and using the authkey parameter below:

NCS/lan# ncs ha ?

authkey  Update the authentication key for high availability

remove   Remove high availability configuration

status   Get the current status for high availability

I'm not sure, but I think the Health Monitor service may need to be down when you change it.  If so, it will shutdown when you execute: ncs stop

On my NCS running firmware version 1.1.1.24, I can't find the "ncs ha" key word.

Any idea? Tks

ncs/myid# ncs ?

cleanup   Disk cleanup

db        Control database operations

key       Control keyadmin operations

migrate   Restores wcs7x export backup file

password  Change passwords

service   Service Commands

start     Start NCS

status    Print Status of NCS

stop      Stop NCS

ncs/myid#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card